Tuesday 17 January 2012

[Drawing] Life Drawing

With my life drawing work complete I feel it's time to reflect on my findings throughout it. When I started my course I wasn't entirely comfortable with drawing advanced poses for my characters. With the help of life drawing I was able to see for myself how the human body moves and learn more about anatomy along the way. Another very useful part of it was that the drawings were timed, ranging between one and fifteen minutes. This got me into the habit of quickly making marks and rather than thinking about how to do my drawing a lot, I was made to put my marks down and then see the results, which was an interesting change of pace for me as I'm normally fairly slow and steady when it comes to drawings. Overall I am now much more confident with drawing human bodies and hopefully this will reflect in my future animations.
The video below shows a recent drawing done in Flash using some new techniques I learned from life drawing:
I still find female bodies easier to draw than male ones because of the natural curves and emphasis, even though our life drawing was a male I still feel as if I need to practice drawing male bodies more.

The results from life drawing classes can be found in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment