Tuesday 22 May 2012

[Reflection] End of year reflection

Now that my first year of University is finished, I'm looking back at what I've accomplished and what I'd like to be able to do.
I'm very happy with the improvements my Flash work has shown, and I've finally moved into a mix with After Effects, which is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. My goal now is to push my abilities in After Effects so that I can make the best work possible.
Over the holidays I have set myself a few goals to keep me sharp;

  • Animate at least one Oddball chapter
  • Do several frame by frame tests, practising perspective and secondary motion.
  • Create the animatics for Oddball up to Chapter 8.
  • Work on improving my After Effects knowledge.
  • Draw as much as possible, working on perspective, backgrounds and characters.
  • Learn the basics of other programs, such as Toon Boom and Maya.
All in all I'm happy with the improvements I've made this year in my chosen area, and hope to improve further before the start of the second year.

For now... BREAK TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment