Thursday 17 May 2012

Personal Reflection

Now that I've effectively finished my work for the first year of University, I think now's as good a time as any to list my strengths and weaknesses I've discovered over the course. 


STRENGTHS:
  • Very motivated to work with a strong passion for animation.
  • Able to carry on with my own work as well as University work.
  • Willing to work all hours to do what I love.
  • Establishing connections that could be useful in the future
  • Slowly growing internet presence
  • Able to give relevant critique.
  • Existing knowledge before course comes in handy.
  • Enjoys helping others with their work.
  • Can de-construct animation and learn techniques.
  • Always striving to improve.

WEAKNESSES:
  • Low self esteem when comparing my work to others.
  • Often too eager to show my work, to the point where people see to much of it before it's released.
  • Can become very opinionated against work such as anime and parodies.
  • Not much medium variety.
  • Sleep loss can often affect the quality of my work.
  • Has been told I overwork myself at times to the point people worry about my health.
  • Poor speaker and presenter, often present things when very tired.
  • Easily distracted.
  • Often push my opinions too much onto other people.
  • Never happy with my own work.
  • Little understanding of sound.
  • Can be indecisive.

In an earlier entry I stated that I was making a schedule for a week to track my time, the result is posted below. I learned a few things from this, one being that I spent 54 hours in one week on my personal work.
My sleep was interesting in this week too as it's an irregular pattern, but I still get a reasonable amount of sleep in, however on one day I went 30 hours without sleep and the chart shows how my productivity fell.
I also seem to focus on one task at a time and do nothing but, then move onto another.


No comments:

Post a Comment