Wednesday 19 December 2012

[Drawing] New Oddball art

Looking back at my gallery, I've realised I've become a bit of a one pose hero, so I'm going to try and make my poses a little more dynamic and expressive, below are some new character sheets for Oddball, in which I've tried to make them more interesting to look at, as well as practiced with directional shading from a light source, rather than the standard technique I used before.
 This first picture is a concept idea for Death, following the "8" theme in the series, I've added spider legs that were concealed under his robe. The original design was based on a spider, with the small arms on his chest acting like fangs/chelicerae.
 I've yet again redesigned the body structure for Redi, she now has more build on her legs and hips, and has a pear shaped body rather than an hourglass, this shows more strength in her legs, meaning she's more of a runner than a fighter. I also tried some costume variations, while keeping the stripy sock theme. I also wanted to see what her hair would look down, I was pleased with the results!
A redesign of the 5 year old Redi from last year, I gave her more over sized clothes to add emphasis to her small stature. I also decided to add a small, endearing gap in her teeth to give her design some cute charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment