Wednesday 5 December 2012

[Misc] Project management

A huge problem I faced with my work towards December last year was overloading myself with too many tasks to do at once. It's began to happen once again (I felt so lazy throughout the whole of November) so this year I decided to try something out. I went and bought a bunch of sticky notes and wrote every small task I have to complete on them. To give myself a sense of reward, I then passed these to a friend and told them to write small rewards on the back of about a quarter of them, without telling me which ones they wrote on, I then pinned them up on my pin board above my desk. For every sticky note I now complete, I take a look at the back, some are blank, and some contain a small reward, for example, taking a coffee break, playing a game for half an hour, or going for a walk. Being able to see these sticky notes being crossed off one by one is a huge motivation boost, and is helping me keep track of my workload!

No comments:

Post a Comment