Thursday 3 January 2013

[Influence] Expressive character movement



This video was floating around Twitter. These style of videos are done using Source Film Maker as well as models from Source compatible games, in this case, Team Fortress 2. I normally skip these sort of videos as the quality varies, but this one was surprisingly well done. One thing I've noticed with my work is a lack of expression in characters, this video shows the sort of level I'd like to be at, but in 2D. I also picked up some clever staging examples in this video too, that compliment the words and animation. The characters are also in 3D space which allows depth to be put between them a lot easier, which is another thing I hope to translate into 2D this year rather than having my characters on a flat plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment