Tuesday 26 March 2013

[Drawing] Baldrac

Yesterday was the one year mark since the unfortunate passing of animator Edd Gould. On March 25th 2012 he passed away after a battle with cancer. In memory of Edd, fans and friends wore green hoodies (his iconic outfit in the show), and some even shaved their heads for cancer awareness. A friend of mine, Carlos Moreno, took the opportunity to turn shaving his head into a charity fundraiser with a Livestream feed of the event.
Viewers of the stream were linked to a donations page, and as the donations went on, more of Carlos' hair was shaved off. The fundraiser was a huge success, raising over $1000, 10 times the original goal of $100.
As for my part in this, Carlos asked me to create some artwork for the event that would be showed while he spoke a few words about Edd. I made an image of Edd and Carlos' character, Solrac together, as well as the image below that was shown at the very end of the stream. I was more than happy to be a part of this project as my own tribute to Edd (aside from shaving my head and wearing a hoodie) and was amazed to see the support made in his memory.


No comments:

Post a Comment