Sunday 21 April 2013

[Drawing] Self caricature

Back in college I studied caricature as part of my art course, something I'd like to keep up with. Since I shaved my hair off recently I thought now would be a great time for a new cartoon version of myself.
For reference, here I am in all my "just woke up" glory.

I wanted to create something more cartoony than usual for this piece, working off basic shapes and bright colours. In the end I noticed a similarity to the work of Ged Haney, possibly from the colours and goofy face. Overall I'm very happy with how this picture turned out, using a strong colour scheme as well as capturing my likeliness in a comedic, self parodying way.
A still from Ged Haney's "Milk Milk Lemonade" showing the possible influences I took from him.


No comments:

Post a Comment