Friday 12 April 2013

General update 12/4/13

Wellp, my blog has been just a little behind lately... My big old problem of biting off more than I chew has come back and I've found myself having to do a hell of a lot of work each day to stay on track. Let's start with an update on Vampire Pixel, my university project...
In the final month of the animation, I still have several minutes of footage to complete, this totals up at about a scene a week, which means a lot of work each day. I'm determined to finish this ambitious project on time as I was intending to push and test myself to a higher work ethic. To add to the challenge, I have the rest of my University work including my essay and dissertation proposal, the essay being the main thing I see getting in the way of progress. We had a huge period in the first semester with little work, to have everything suddenly piled on us at the end is getting to a lot of people on the course.
I now have most of the voice acting in for the project and should be getting the title music at some point this week, once these are all in I should have all the files I need to complete the video, and animating the lip syncing sections will significantly speed up the process. Once I start completing scenes, I'm hoping to create a post for each one, showing the influences and more information about them.

Outside university, I've been working on a few commissioned pieces, the second Nick Basile Radio animation should be good to go now and more should be on the way over the holidays, where I'll have a lot more time to work on them. I've also been working a series of pictures for a friend to be sold at a convention, you can see the first one here. I wanted to make my own adaptation of the MLP art style for these pictures and I'm fairly happy with the results.

My personal work is currently all on hold as I barely have time for my current work, let alone more, but here's hoping the holidays are kind to me and let me make another Oddball episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment