Friday 16 May 2014

[Animatic] HOME animatic and early renders

Above is the animatic for my graduation film, HOME. This was used to get an idea for the pacing before committing to the video. I knew that light was going to be a part of my video so I put in key colours such as the red glow from the UFO to illustrate the mood I wanted to get across. After this was done, I worked on a version of the video using keyframes that I would send to Dan to base the soundtrack on.

This version was animated mainly on twos, it was just there for Dan to base the sounds on, and as long as I kept the timing the same, I could then go over and put the animation on ones and make any other necessary changes.

With the sound in place, I created this version of the video, most of the video was animated, but this render was done to look for any errors or parts that I had missed out, such as hands and mouths. This was the final test render before the completion of the video, and I'd made some changes based on my thoughts and feedback of past renders. For example in the final scene I decided to change the key colour from a clear blue sky to an orange sunset. This was done because I felt it would add more to the tension of the situation, as well as give a sense of progression of time through the story when the characters were in the lab.

1 comment:

  1. Can you make another pencilmation episode?'starting with pencilmate and pencilmiss And name it pencilmiss' First Bump

    ReplyDelete