Thursday 3 November 2011

[Uni project] Assignment 1: This Are Meself

For our first weeks assignment we we had the task of creating a short animation in any medium of our choice that would introduce us to the group. For my work I chose to showcase my existing experience in Adobe Flash to create a short, black and white animation. I decided to make the animation seem light hearted and funny to reflect myself and even made fun of my younger self to show just how strange my thoughts were. The simplistic black and white style was inspired by comic books, along with text often appearing on the screen to highlight key points in the voice-over.
Here is the finished animation in .swf format:




I am pleased with the finished result as it not only managed to tell my life story in an amusing way, but it also said a lot about myself through the style in which I made it.
The music was royalty free and voices were recorded myself. If I had to change anything in this animation, I would have added more frame by frame animation to some of the "panels". Particularly the "artistic depression" part which was mainly a simple motion tween.

No comments:

Post a Comment