Thursday 3 November 2011

[Uni project] Sand Princess

For our second assignment, we were tasked with something many, if not all of us were inexperienced with. We had to create a short, stop frame animation using sand with the theme of metamorphosis. As a concept, this seemed fairly simple to me. I then discovered that sand is in fact, very frustrating to draw with. Not only did I Have to take the shadows into consideration (I was in fact using salt, rather than sand, which didn't seem to block light as much) but I had to try to accurately draw the same shape in each frame with far less accuracy than using a pencil. Nevertheless I got used to it after a few testers and I'm still fairly happy with my take on the topic, Sand Princess.
Here is the video:

If I was to change anything in the video, I would begin by practising a lot more with the medium. Imitating ways of leaving marks from videos such as the one below would help me with my drawing, although my work was on a smaller scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment