Thursday 3 November 2011

[Personal project] This time, it's personal!

Along with my University work, I spend a lot of time creating my own animations which go on various sites, including my own, http://www.clayos.co.uk

Below is a list and brief details about my personal work I've been doing since I started University:

Universithing: Night In
Universithing is a series of short animations I'm using as a diary of sorts as I go through University. In my first week, a quiet night in ended up with me going to see Gary Numan live, so I made a short toon to commemorate the amazing day!





Above: Sneaking Gary into the post was necessary!



Oddball: Halloween 2011
As a reboot of an old series of animations, I decided to create a short toon to celebrate Halloween.



This was received far better than I originally anticipated, below is a list of amazing things it's done so far:
  • Front page feature on Newgrounds.com
  • Over 21,000 views in the first 5 days
  • Advetrised my Deviant Art and finally got me to over 200 watchers.
  • Built up hype and requests for more in the series
  • Got me a spot on the Newgrounds.com Roku Channel on TV
  • Ranked at the 7th top scoring animation in the Halloween contest on Newgrounds.com
Above: It's... beautiful...

Axew Boogie:
After finishing my Halloween toon and getting praise I celebrated by doing a live animation session. I've made previous Pokemon loops in the past and decided to feed my obsession by creating another. The Axew Boogie was born!
The animation contains audio that plays automatically, so it's linked to an external site:
Along with these animations, I've also been busy creating character sheets for the Oddball series:

1 comment:

  1. Can you make a live stream while you’re doing the Pencilmiss’ first bump project for pencilmation?

    ReplyDelete