Wednesday 18 January 2012

[Uni project] The Amazing Thin Man


In this project I learned more about the pre-production side of animation, which until this project, I hadn't focused on much in the past. We were given a script for "The Amazing Thin Man" by Leeds Metropolitan University student Ina Fischlin and the first tasks were to create a proposal, treatment and storyboards for the animation.
For this film I decided to stick to my Flash knowledge as we only had to make an animatic, so there was no point in trying out new mediums. I wanted the focus to be on a strong visual style rather than the animation, as it was more about the world and characters than the story in my mind.
The simple black and white style was used to represent the boring world he lives in where everything is subject to the norm. The colours on the background are a lighter grey colour to make the characters and important assets stand out.
Below is the animatic I produced, unfortunately I didn't have time to recreate the full thing in Flash.


No comments:

Post a Comment