Monday 30 April 2012

[Fan project] Timekeeper Contest

With the official beginning of the Oddball series, I decided to have some fan interaction in the form of a competition. Oddball features a race of mechanical clock beings called Timekeepers, the aim of the comptetition was to design one of these for a background role.
To judge the competition I got the help of two classmates, Jack and Emma. The results of the competition can be found here

The entries and ideas in this competition really showed that through my streams and limited information, the fans have gained a very strong understanding of the Oddball world, even before the actual story unfolds. All in all I really enjoyed this chance to interact more with people and get a better understanding of how well I establish my ideas through limited information!

After the contest I then had a go at creating a different style of Timekeeper. The canon ones will be more steampunk influenced and use traditional grim reaper scythes, but to test out my drawing skills, I created a futuristic, gun wielding character, shown below:

No comments:

Post a Comment