Saturday 25 May 2013

[Drawing] Tek concept art

As mentioned in my previous blog entry, I'm working on a comic with my friend, Mori (Mori Illustrations) and we've decided upon a space themed idea. We thought up character types, and he's working on the hero character, while I'm working on an engineer, Tek. Each year I draw up my old character from college to see how my art style has progressed, and look at the current themes I'm drawing and this years Tek shows a more punky, take no nonsense attitude. She's closer to her original personality now, which is a moody technological wonder, far removed from the conventional female stereotype.
I also did a few hairstyle variations, cutting down the length from 2011 (down her back) into a half and half messy and down style to give some imbalance. Finally, I brought her to the future by adding glowing areas and making her goggles more high tech.

No comments:

Post a Comment