Friday 24 May 2013

[General update] Back on yer' feet

I think not finishing my project this year has hit me pretty hard. We had a celebratory screening to show our work, and compared to the fantastic work I saw and have seen develop, particularly those of Will and Jack (shown below) I feel I've let our "trio" or sorts down. So after a week of moping, I've finally decided it's time to get moving again. I've got a huge list of projects I'm involved in over the holidays, and I feel I should really start the ball rolling again before it comes for me instead in an Indiana Jones fashion.
To do this, I need to remind myself that I do accomplish things, and this is where this blog can come in really useful. Even if it's just one drawing I do in a day, I'm going to try and post it here and talk about it. Don't take this as me scraping for content, I'm going to try and make each update worthwhile, I just really need to have more of them!

So back to the topic of work. I think it's pretty important that you see both Jack and Will's productions, they're truly outdone themselves this time, and I'm glad to have had the chance to help with them, even if it was just advice or an opinion in the production process. Jack and Will are two animators I've worked with in the past and it's great to see their takes on such an open project:

Will Padgett (Vallhemn) - INC

Jack Gray (CurlyPanda) - The Universe of Matt Miles: Cleaning


So now it's on to my work anyway, or more accurately, the future works I'm a part of. I'm just going to list these in brief because there are a fair few:

COMMISSIONS

Solrac Ventures: Episode 1
Working with Carlos Moreno to create the first full episode of his web show, Solrac Ventures. The pilot can be seen below:


Nick Basile Radio 3
I forgot to post up the second episode, but I'll once again be working with the guys at Nick Basile Radio and animating a section of their talk show:


PARTNER PROJECTS

Zictor Team Up
I'll be meeting with my friend Dave Novis (A.K.A. Zictor) at some point early in the holidays to plan a 2D/3D hybrid animation test and write some ideas. You can see an example of his work below:


Marauchettes Team Up
An old friend of mine with whom I made my first stop motion animation has thrown the idea of us making a collaborative comic in the holidays. I love the art style he's developed over the years and it would be good to team up once more.
http://moriillustrations.wix.com/mori

Crusaders
I finally have the submissions and a prospective crew to work on my community MLP fan project, blog at kreidcrusaders.blogspot.co.uk
I'm going to pick out a team and storyboard over the holidays.

PERSONAL PROJECTS
Vampire Pixel in the Neon City
Although defeated as far as Uni goes, I'm still dedicated to finishing this project. Ged Haney has offered to help with this process and I'm going to be making a small team of people to help boost the final project, including a sound designer, Dan Dunkley

Oddball: Chapter 4
It's been nearly a year since the last release, and I'm finally going to get my head back in the game and create chapter 4 of my 8 part series, Oddball.

So that's all for now, a list of the projects I have planned and confirmation that I'm still alive and kicking, and not just in my Minecraft induced coma.

No comments:

Post a Comment