Monday 30 April 2012

[Influences] Confound these ponies!

I'm gonna put money down on the thought that most of you are aware of the existence of bronies, but for the sake of examiners and such, I'm going to sum this up quickly in the most honest and hopefully comedic way possible.
"I am a 20 year old male. I watch My Little Pony."

What I once thought was just a joke across the internet had finally piqued my curiosity. After seeing countless parodies and references in animations on sites such as Newgrounds, I finally decided to give in and watch the first two episodes. Boy, was I missing out.
Now, I'm not going to go into the obvious fanboying right now, but what I will say is this, I'm learning from it.

Stereotypes and judgement aside, the show is really well animated, and I am indeed picking up tips from it. In fact the animation is so appreciated that someone has taken the time to make videos analysing and breaking down clips:


To return to my own practice, I feel as if I've been neglecting this style of animation with my recent push towards full frame by frame Flash animation. As a throw back towards this style, I decided to follow some of these tutorials to make a short clip in the same style, which is linked here
It's a given that it's not show quality, but the important part is that I now know how to pick up tips from what I watch and learn as well as being entertained!

And then there's this, grab the popcorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment