Tuesday 28 May 2013

[Drawing] Commission: Fairy

Today I started the day by drawing up this fairy character as a commissioned piece, it's something I've not done before, but I was told to base it roughly on the style of Veetoo from Vampire Pixel.
After using Veetoo as a base, I started on the rough wings, which were originally a lot more rounded before I settled with the sharper versions. I asked about the colour pallette to use and adapted that into the picture, adding more contrast around the face and head area and using lighter colours on the more delicate wings. It was requested that I did the wings in rainbow colour, so I used the pink base and made a gradient gradually fading in, rather than solid stripes.
To finish I added a pink overlay highlight to make the picture less flat, and increased the contrast on the main body to add a final bit of delicacy to the wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment