Wednesday 29 May 2013

[Drawing] Livestream dump

I decided to get off my lazy butt and do some work yesterday, and what a better way to do that than with a Livestream. Turns out I gathered a fair bunch of odd jobs that I'm now happily working through! The above picture shows a few drawings from the doodle file I added to in this session.
Commission: ElectroBlitz
This drawing of a pony OC is the first in a set of three, I wanted to make the pose more dynamic seeing as the character is airborne, and also to take advantage of the glowing, electric mane. I'm happy with the results and colouring style, and finally found an easy way to draw wings, which have always troubled me.
Pokemon doodles: Sneasel and Ghastly
I wanted to try alternate takes in Pokemon in these drawings. Sneasel is a Pokemon that uses its sharp claws and high speed, so I wanted to reflect this in the art style by drawing all of the lines angular and pointy. The main difference is in the head shape, where a standard Sneasel has a rounded head, this one is almost a triangle.
Business Man
This character was just a pure doodle, I was trying a more lumpy approach to faces and the rest followed suit (OHOHOHOHO!)
Evil guy with swag
This character was a test to see if I could draw a style based on that of Mori's, who I'll be making a comic with in the near future. Commenters pointed out the sheer amount of style this guy had, so I gave him a "come at me" pose. His lab coat was originally intended to be white, but the use of complimentary colours on the red works a lot better to me, and adds to his sheer stylishness.
Self Portrait
Vampire Pixel has had a more cartoony influence on my art style, using basic shapes a lot more now as a basis. This doodle just shows a more up to date version of me with my new hairstyle, and shows me as the miserable bugger that occasionally does stuff.
Commission: Shadowzanon
This pony with a cake is a work in progress. The original idea was to have his character staring at a sweet shop, but we agreed on this collapsing cake for a more dynamic and humorous approach. I also got to play with lighting more, with the ominous shadow of the cake looming over the character's head. I still need to draw a bakery in the background, but we're both currently happy with the picture so far. I've still to create an animated loop using this character too.

No comments:

Post a Comment